“10 Things Trump Can Do for the Firearms Industry” by Teresa Ficaretta and Johanna Reeves, appearing in Small Arms Defense Journal, Vol. 9, No. 1, www.sadefensejournal.com.
The ten things are:
1. Permit importation of U.S.-origin firearms
2. Direct the Departments of State, Commerce and Defense to complete Export Control Reform
3. Streamline the permit process for exports of NFA Firearms
4. Reduce registration fees imposed by the State Department under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
5. Direct the Department of State to discontinue Congressional Notification for firearm parts and components
6. Revoke and replace Department of State’s guidance on registration for firearms manufacturers
7. Allow licensed manufacturers to transfer registered machineguns to other qualified manufacturers
8. Direct the Treasury Department to provide more resources to the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
9. Direct ATF to implement reliable and efficient e-Forms
10. Consider another amnesty period
Read the full article: “10 Things Trump Can Do” appearing in Small Arms Defense Journal, Vol. 9, No. 1.
Reeves & Dola welcomes Katherine L.B. Heubert
Reeves & Dola, LLP is proud to announce that Katherine L.B. Heubert has joined the firm as Of Counsel.
“Katherine is an incredibly talented lawyer and we are so pleased to have her join the Reeves & Dola family.” said the firm’s founding partner, Johanna Reeves. “She brings valuable experience and expertise in the areas of export and import compliance. She will be a valuable asset to our firm and to our clients, and I look forward to working with her.”
Ms. Heubert brings with her thirteen years of experience working in export and import controls. In addition to her years in private practice, Ms. Heubert worked in both government and industry sectors, spending time as Senior Manager, Global Trade Controls Licensing & Policy at The Boeing Company, and as a Policy Analyst for the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls.
Reeves & Dola specializes in helping clients navigate the highly regulated and complex world of manufacturing, sales and international trade of defense and commercial products. With their understanding of the federal regulatory process and expertise in working with a variety of federal agencies, Reeves & Dola assists clients including manufacturers, exporters, importers and dealers of defense articles, government contractors, and commercial exporters with all of their transactional and regulatory needs.
Teresa Ficaretta added to faculty at NRA Firearms Law Seminar, to take place on Friday, May 20, 2016
Her presentation will provide an overview of warrantless compliance inspections of Federal firearms licensees under the Gun Control Act of 1968. Ms. Ficaretta will provide information on ATF’s limitations and boundaries, tips on how to prepare clients for inspections, and what to expect when ATF Industry Operations Investigators conduct an inspection. Ms. Ficaretta will also discuss recent ATF rulings on machineguns and manufacturing and the informal ATF guidance issued in January 2016 on the definition of “engaging in the business” as it applies to dealers in firearms.